Playrix’s revenue jumped 40 percent to $460 million in the last two-month period

Russian firm Playrix's revenue jumped 40 percent to $460 million between March 2020 and May 2020. It was revealed by cofounder Igor Bukhman
playrix

Playrix recorded almost 16.5 crores downloads of its games and made nearly $46 crores (roughly Rs. 3,475 crores) in the last two-month period. It was revealed by cofounder Igor Bukhman, a Russian mobile game developer. Due to the coronavirus pandemic around the world, the game downloads increased during the lockdown.

He also mentions that the revenue is stood at nearly $100 crores (roughly Rs. 7,556 crores) for the first five months of 2020. In May, the overall company downloads crossed over 1.1 billion as per the report by Data analytics firm Sensor Tower.

Telegram Channel

With 142.3 million lifetimes installs, the United States is the primary market of Playrix. Besides, the majority of downloads come from Google Play Store, that’s around 807 million installs or 72.7 percent of the total. Remaining 27.3 percent, which is Apple App Store carries almost 302.3 million downloads.

Advertisement

Game is one of the major sectors to benefit from coronavirus lockdowns. The global mobile game downloads shot up by 39 percent in February, and the significant portions are accounted to China.

Homescapes, Gardenscapes, Township, and Fishdom are some of the popular games from Playrix. However, Gardenscapes historically surpassed Candy Crush Saga for monthly global consumer spend.

What’s your thought regarding this topic? Let us know your opinions on this topic in the comment box. Meanwhile, don’t forget to join our telegram channel for the latest technology news and updates. Further, don’t forget to share with your gaming friends.

Advertisement
Abdul Ashkar
A technology enthusiast, Creating videos is passion, and content creator on HASH TECH. Fascinated by technology and skilled in video editing and graphic designing as well. The goal is to become a computer engineer.