Today Nintendo released its fiscal year 2020 report as of March 31, 2020. According to the financial report, the net sale of Nintendo in the fiscal year 2020 (from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020) was $12 Billion, an increase of 9% year-on-year; net profit was $2.43 billion, a year-on-year increase of 33.3%.
NINTENDO FISCAL YEAR 2020 FINANCIAL REPORT SUMMARY
- Net sales were 1.3085 trillion yen, (1.2005 trillion yen in the previous year) a year-on-year increase of 9%;
- Operating profit was 352.3 billion yen, ( 249.7 billion yen in the previous year) a year-on-year increase of 41.1%;
- Net profit was 258.6 billion yen,(19.4 billion yen in the previous year) a year-on-year increase of 33.3%;
- Daily profit was 360.4 billion yen (277.3 billion yen in the previous year) a year-on-year increase of 30.0%;
- Gross profit was 641.7 billion yen, a year-on-year increase of 28.0%; gross profit margin was 49.0%, higher than last year’s 41.7%;
- Sales and general administrative expenses were 289.3 billion yen, a year-on-year increase of 15.0%;
- R&D expenditure was 84.1 billion yen, a year-on-year increase of 20.9%;
- Advertising payment was 76 billion yen, up 0.8% year-on-year.
Nintendo said that it expects to sell 19 million Switch game consoles in the current fiscal year (April 2020 to March 2021). And it expects to sell 140 million copies of software. The coronavirus outbreak has led to increased consumer demand for the device. So nothing should prevent the company from reaching its goals.
And also don't forget to join our Telegram channel for future updates and quicker tech news!